On June 1st, over 60 CFF members got together with some of our partners in the field and the public sector at Project Farmhouse for the 5th CFF Annual Gathering. Delicious drinks and appetizers were supplied by Cleaver Co. while people mingled and discussed their work. The evening featured a presentation by Leah Penniman of Soul Fire Farm, our inaugural CFF Champions Award recipient. In her remarks Leah mentioned a document on Food Sovereignty Action Steps which includes specific points for funders. The night concluded with a keynote presentation by Frances Moore Lappé who highlighted the intersections between the need for a robust democracy and our food movement.
We were joined by 12 special guests whose work in the field we admire tremendously. Click the link to learn more about them and the impact they are having in our local food system.
Thank you to all who came out and made it a special night!
You can view all photos from the event in an online gallery. Below is a video of the night’s speakers including both presentations. The following time markings can be used to skip around:
- 0:00 – Welcome by Jennifer Ching
- 1:35 – Project Farmhouse overview by Olivia Blanchflower
- 5:20 – Update on CFF by Adam Liebowitz
- 10:03 – Announcement of the CFF Champions Award
- 15:00 – Soul Fire Farm presentation by Leah Penniman
- 38:25 – Q&A
- 44:52 – Keynote presentation by Frances Moore Lappé
- 1:15:33 – Q&A